Thursday, October 31, 2013

wild at kirstenbosch

It was a stunning day in August, and after dropping off Pete at the airport I stopped at Kirstenbosch Gardens on the way to Hout Bay. The light was amazing and the views of the fresh snow on the peaks were incredible.

Spending 3 hours wandering around the gardens, getting lost and stuck with trying to photograph birds and flowers, this is a little tour of what I found.




















































Incredible sunbirds flying around the pincushion protea trees.



a little feeling of winter!





going wild in the fynbos section... some of it I have never seen before out in the bush!
Amazing stuff...
and allowed to belong to a flower kingdom of it's own!

the setting sun literally forced me to stop



Yes, Kirstenbosch Gardens are beautiful and I will be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment